Sunday, March 21, 2010
Travel to Bali
Very eventful trip so far. We had some trouble getting started yesterday – Sean woke up sick. He had a fever and was pretty much out of it. We were considering delaying our cancelling the trip, but he started to feel better so we decided to proceed as planned. We also had some encouragement from friends that we should go. A couple examples were “Get on an F’ing Plane” and “Dude, you need to go”.
On the way to the airport Sean barfed in the car, which almost set off a chain reaction as Tracy is not a fan. Once we got him out of the car at the airport he seemed better.
Both kids did great on the flight. It was about 7 hours nonstop. Sean slept a good portion of the way.
We got to the airport in Bali around 11:40 PM and it took a while to get through customs immigration. We packed WAYYY to much stuff – so we had to wait a while at baggage claim. Funny story at baggage claim – we got scammed pretty well. We had 5 checked bags (I know, too many). Five official looking guys showed up and each guy grabbed a bag – great service right? They took us through customs, and then had me stop to exchange money. Immediately after exchanging money one of the guys said “you should tip us now” and he showed me which bill to use. He said I needed to tip each guy! Like a sleep deprived idiot I did. Imagine the scene of five guys each with only one suitcase leading us to the hotel van. And, as I did the math in the head I realized that I tipped each guy the equivalent of $10 USD. Bravo, airport guys! You got me.
We got to the resort around 2 AM. This place is fantastic and it is going to be a great week. Our room is pool side and the ocean is just a couple hundred meters past the pool. The kids are napping now. I am drinking an Indonesian beer listening to the waves roll in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment