Sunday, February 14, 2010

Good Weekend

We had a pretty good, but not terribly exciting weekend. We are now officially back on date night. Last nigh we ventured into Osaka. I was in the mood for a good old U.S. of A comfort food meal so we went to the Hard Rock Café. It has surprisingly good food. The funny thing was we had to wait for a table, and also had to sit in a smoking section (yes they have those here) - why? Because someone was having their wedding reception there. Not only did they have their reception in the restaurant, but it was emceed by two guys in full Kiss makeup and costumes. Very classy, and very un-Japanese. After dinner we met up in Osaka with some other friends who ventured into the city we all sampled the nightlife. There is an amazing night scene in Osaka

SP learned the Chicken Dance in school this week, and now he is all about the Chicken Dance. Its pretty funny. We have an old Lawrence Welk clip on the TV, and he just loves it. It's the first thing he wants to do when he gets up in the morning, and tonight before bed he watched it (and danced to it) like 10 times.

I have written before about loving to mountain bike in the surrounding area, and last weekend I started to hike. I went again today and had a blast. A friend of mine bought me a map and I feel like a kid in a candy store. There are miles and miles of trails (too many to count) so I hope to make exploring the mountain a regular weekend things. There is so much peace and beauty up there. You really forget you are just outside the 9th largest metro area in the world.

No comments: