Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers Day

Mothers Day

We just celebrated our first Mother’s day. Unfortunately I spent half of it on a plane to Japan. The half I did spend at home was great. The rest of this message is for Sean.

Hey buddy, you have had the pleasure of spending the last 112 days with your amazing Mom. I can tell by the way that you look at her how much you love her. I do too. I think we are both pretty amazed at what a wonderful job she is doing as a mother. When you are a teenager and go through a phase of hating her I will remind you of these days!

I also wanted to tell you more about my Mom, your grandmother. Unfortunately you never had the pleasure of meeting her in person. I know that you two would have gotten along famously. A lot of what I loved about my Mom are the same things that you love about yours. She was just an all around wonderful person, who knew the meaning of unconditional love. She gave a lot to the world, and the world gave back to her. I will do my best to make sure that as you grow up you learn more about my Mom, and most importantly I will try to teach you the things that she taught me in her short time on earth. Please know that she is smiling down on you.

Dad

No comments: