Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend in Tokyo

The McNeme's are here. Gaye arrived about a week ago. Her "relaxing" time has been spent helping us wrestle the kids. Unfortunately I don't think she has had any downtime yet, but the extra hands and arms have been great.

Last Friday Preston flew into Tokyo so we all went up to meet him. We spend Friday-Sunday there before returning home Sunday night. It was Tracy's first time in the big city.
Friday night I took Gaye and Preston out for dinner at one of my favorite places. After dinner Gaye went back to the hotel to stay with the kids and Preston, Tracy, and I went out for a couple after dinner drinks. We made it a couple hours then the jet lag (Preston) and the non sleeping baby lag (Tracy) kicked in. We were home at a decent hour.

Saturday we did some sightseeing (pictures later) and then went out with my old boss for dinner and Karaoke. Gaye staid at the hotel with the kids. And yes, I said Karaoke. You can see Tracy getting her "Sweet Caroline" on. After Karaoke Tracy slipped off back to the hotel and Preston and I did a little more late night sight seeing. Tokyo is a great town.

On Sunday everyone slept late, we had lunch, and got on the train back home. Everyone was pretty well beat. Preston got his first ride on the Shinkansen (bullet train).

No comments: