Saturday, October 4, 2008

Big Night Out



Friday night we got out first night out together (- Sean). After we nervously left Sean with our new babysitter we took the train into the Sannomiya area of Kobe. Sannomiya is in the heart of Kobe - the center of a lot of the city's dining, entertainment, etc. I think Sean knew that we were planning to go out. He pitched a fit right before we left, which he never does. It was enough to make us reconsider heading out, but we still did.

I had a restaurant picked out that I found on one of the local websites. It is a Teppanyaki restaurant just North of the Sannomiya train station. I was excited to take Tracy there as this was her first real Japanese meal. Teppanyaki is one of my favorites - it is basically cooking food on a big griddle. Luckily I had brought the Japanese characters for the building and restaurant name or we would have never found it. It was tucked away on the third floor of an obscure building. In Japan you cant really use a street address to find anyplace.

Tracy enjoyed the walk from the station to the restaurant. It was wall to wall people, lights, bars, noises, etc. We tried to take some pictures but haven't really figured out night time photography.

The restaurant was medium size - it sat about 10-15 people around a u shaped bar. We opted for a set course menu and some Japaneses beer. The food was was really good. I think we had about 6 courses in total - topped off with some sirloin. After the last course we started looking at the clock and figured we better get home.

We made it back to the apartment about 11:15. Sean was sleeping in his bed and the babysitter seemed to have been holding up well.

A great experience, all in all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: