Sorry we haven’t posted in a while. We will try to do a better job once we all get over here. Things are continuing to go well. I am still staying in a hotel while Tracy is in Iowa.
Work for me is off to a great start. Out plant is amazing and I work with some good people – both Japanese and American.
I have spent the last week outside of work getting adjusted to Japan. Right now I am focusing on the little things like: walking on the right side of the sidewalk, learning simple phrases, ordering food, shopping, getting all of our paperwork in order, bank accounts, etc. Although I miss Tracy and Sean I am glad that I can get a lot of this stuff figured out before they get here.
I have really been enjoying Japan and am glad that we are coming here. My only complaint so far is the heat – the temperature + humidity is unbearable.
Saturday I must have been homesick – I had a total “wish I was back home” day. I got breakfast from McDonalds, lunch at Subway, they went to see the new Batman movie. The good news is there is enough “comfort” stuff here that we can do that from time to time. I know we will love the Japanese culture, food, etc but come on – you need a taste of home once in a while.
This week I am staying in another hotel in Osaka for some meetings for a couple of days, then heading to Taiwan later in the week for some meetings there. I will be back in Kobe on Saturday.
No comments:
Post a Comment