Tracy and Sean are heading to Texas this week for an early start on the 4th of July weekend. Her family is having their annual reunion in the Dallas area. I will join them next week.
Good news on our house in New York. We are officially not selling. I think that is really what we wanted all along so we are both relieved. Last weekend we signed a lease with some tenants. I think they are going to work out great . There are just two of them – no pets and no kids. She is moving up from NJ to take a job at the local hospital. I believe that he is retired but still does consulting work. They already own a home in Florida (retirement?) so they didn’t want to buy up here. From talking to the guy they seem pretty meticulous about things so I am confident our house is in good hands. Overall we are getting less money than what we wanted, but they sound like great tenants and signed a two year lease. It’s a win-win and a big load off our minds. One less thing to worry about.
We are also close to finalizing a deal on an apartment in Japan. We just have a couple more details to work out.
Our thoughts are with family and friends in Iowa. It seems that most of them were lucky enough to avoid any direct damage from the flooding. We do know several other people though who may have lost their homes.
Sean has become absolutely obsessed with his jumparoo. I think yesterday he spent over 30 minutes straight in that thing before we finally pulled him out. Just jumping and smiling, jumping and smiling, jumping and smiling.
While I was in Japan Tracy also made an attempt to give Sean some solid food. It was pretty futile – see the evidence in the attached picture.
T-34 days………
No comments:
Post a Comment